Qatar’s Public Works Authority ‘Ashghal’ announced that work had started on the construction of seven new healthcare projects with a total value of QR1.2 billion ($330 million).
The contracts include the construction of additional operation rooms at Hamad General Hospital, in addition to five healthcare centres at Al Nuaim, Al Muntazah (Rawdat Al Khail), Al Karaana, Al Roda and Al Ghuwairiyah, and the construction of a health and wellness centre in Umm Slal.
The signing ceremony was held this morning in the presence of Ashghal’s President H.E Eng. Nasser Ali Al-Mawlawi, H.E Abdulla bin Khalid Al-Qahtani, Minister of Health and Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Health, along with senior officials from the Supreme Council of Health, the Primary Health Care Corporation, the Hamad Medical Corporation, and Ashghal.
According to H.E Eng. Nasser Ali Al-Mawlawi, Ashghal is steadfast in its commitment to support the establishment of an advanced and world-class healthcare system in the country in alignment with the Qatar National Vision 2030 (QNV 2030).
Al-Mawlawi said the seven new state-of-the-art facilities are part of Ashghal’s continued contribution towards developing the nation’s advanced health care system that will meet the growing demands of locals and expatriates alike.
“Health and welfare are one of the key elements of the Human Development Pillar of QNV 2030. That is why ‘Ashghal’ in collaboration with its partners will continue to deliver projects that are built on a par with the highest international standards of quality and safety in the concept, design and construction stages.
As we focus on developing significant infrastructure projects for Qatar, our priority remains to improve the quality of life for our communities and achieve the goal of sustainable human development”, Al-Mawlawi added.
As part of its Buildings Programme, ‘Ashghal’ plans to develop 124 building projects in 2013 – 2014 for an estimated cost of QR 14.2 billion, out of which 22 projects will be assigned for the healthcare sector.
Ashghal has awarded five companies the contracts to build up the new facilities. They are as follows:
- Construction of additional operation rooms at Hamad General Hospital. The expansion project is worth 628 million has been awarded to Midmac Contracting Company.
- Construction of two Healthcare Centres at Al Nuaim and Al Muntazah (Rawdat Al Khail). The projects are valued at QR 255 million, and will be executed by Amana Qatar Contracting.
- Construction of two Healthcare Centres at Al Karaana and Al Ghuwairiyah. The projects are valued at QR 99.9 million, and will be implemented by Al Sraiya Trading and Contracting Co.
- Construction of a health centre in Al Roda. The project is valued at QR 108 million, and will be executed by Boom General Contractors.
- Construction of Health and Wellness Care Centre at Umm Slal worth QR 99.8 million. Contract has been awarded to ETA Start Construction/Domopan Qatar (JV) 15 May